ah, la trigonométrie
ah, la trigonométrie
ShinodaGE, self-proclaimed “Brony Graffiti Artist” in Argentina (previously featured here) teamed up with German photographer M99moron to create this awesome Pinkie Pie Portal. Looking through the German side shows a warm beach in Argentina, while looking through the Argentinian side shows a snowy German landscape.
“We’ve only met a couple weeks back, when I saw one of ShinodaGE’s rad street paintings featured on EQD. I was really excited to hear about another brony street artist. I contacted him and we got along really well, and after a short while I told him about this idea.
Long story short, we exchanged some photos, photoshopped some images, printed those posters and ta-da! A gateway was created for Pinkie to go trough. Now she could enjoy the warmth of the summer of the southern hemisphere and take a break from the winter of the north.
Fun fact: The posters were pasted and the photos taken on the same day. The pictures in the portals behind pinkie are what one would actually see if the portals were real.”
What an awesome project!
This totally made our week. AMAZING!!! <3
Okay, mathletes who also loooove them some PONIES! - have we got the feature for you! Check out the Ponies by Numbers Collection from our MFA artist Karol Pawlinski! There are a whopping SEVEN designs now available, each featuring a favorite pony with a particular connection to that number (Can you guess them all? If so, you get a piece of pi… er, PIE. ;) ) Come shop the group now!
Derp face (9.6)
10th Doctor Whooves
Racer #42 in the running of the leaves.
With this being Palm Sunday, a day we remember Jesus’ triumphal entry into the city, I’d like to ask a question of all of you:
Who was Jesus?
If someone was to ask you that, what would your answer be? I know some people follow this blog simply, as they so blatently put it, “for the lolz” but…
Simply put, Jesus was and is exactly who the Bible says he is. He is the Son of God, through whom he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God, who upholds the universe. 1 He is the only God, and yet is distinct from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. 2 3
Jesus was sent to earth to do the will of God the Father: that he should lose none of the people the Father had given him, but that all who believe in him would have everlasting life. 4 Thus, the Creator of the universe humbled himself by entering his creation and taking a human nature upon himself. Truly God and truly human, Jesus lived a blameless life in perfect obedience to the law of God. 5
When he had completed his ministry on earth, Jesus sacrificed himself, laying down his life for the sake of those who would believe in him. 6 He did this to satisfy the justice of God, so that we who have sinned against God can be forgiven. He suffered the wrath of God, the just punishment we deserved, so that we might be spared. 7 8
God did not leave Jesus in the grave, but raised him to life after three days. Because of his resurrection, we can have hope that one day we will be raised up with him. 9 After appearing to his followers, Jesus ascended into heaven, where he sits at the right hand of the Father and prays for those who belong to him, so that he might save us completely. 10 From there he will come again in glory. He will raise up those who believe in him to everlasting life, but those who do not believe will be condemned. 11
Jesus once asked his disciples “Who do you say that I am?” That may be the most important question in history. If the Bible is trustworthy and Jesus is who he claimed to be, the answer to that question can mean the difference between life and death. Peter answered Jesus “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 12 What do you say?
A friendly reminder that Friendship is Witchcraft had not only come up with the idea that Pinkie Pie is a gypsy, but also the fact that Twilight has a brother and she becomes a princess months and months before these episodes aired.
Fight the power
The truth will get out
Her five year mission: To explore strange new realms, to seek out new friendships with new civilizations. To boldly go where nopony has gone before!
Blame Steffan. XD
Uh… that’s not what 1 Thessalonians 3 actually says. Paul was praying that the love the Thessalonian Christians had for each other would increase and abound. He didn’t say that God’s love for us is increasing & overflowing.
I said that I would share my thoughts about Season 3 as a whole, and I still intend to do that. But first, there’s an elephant in the room that should be discussed. A purple elephant, with wings and a horn. Okay, so the analogy doesn’t quite work, but you know what I’m talking about.
Theological falcon punch to the mind. Meat and potatoes starts at 12:40.
“I Am Who I Am” by John Piper, September 8th, 2012
1. God’s absolute being means he never had a beginning. This staggers the mind. Every child asks, “Who made God?” And every wise parent says, “Nobody made God. God simply is. And always was. No beginning.”
2. God’s absolute being means God will never end. If he did not come into being he cannot go out of being, because he is being. He is what is. There is no place to go outside of being. There is only he. Before he creates, that’s all that is: God.
3. God’s absolute being means God is absolute reality. There is no reality before him. There is no reality outside of him unless he wills it and makes it. He is not one of many realities before he creates. He is simply there as absolute reality. He is all that was eternally. No space, no universe, no emptiness. Only God. Absolutely there. Absolutely all.
4. God’s absolute being means that God is utterly independent. He depends on nothing to bring him into being or support him or counsel him or make him what he is. That is what the word “absolute” being means.
5. God’s absolute being means rather that everything that is not God depends totally on God. All that is not God is secondary, and dependent. The entire universe is utterly secondary. Not primary. It came into being by God and stays in being moment by moment on God’s decision to keep it in being.
6. God’s absolute being means all the universe is by comparison to God as nothing. Contingent, dependent reality is to absolute, independent reality as a shadow to substance. As an echo to a thunderclap. As a bubble to the ocean. All that we see, all that we are amazed by in the world and in the galaxies, is, compared to God, as nothing. “All the nations are as nothing before him, they are accounted by him as less than nothing and emptiness” (Isaiah 40:17).
7. God’s absolute being means that God is constant. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He cannot be improved. He is not becoming anything. He is who he is. There is no development in God. No progress. Absolute perfection cannot be improved.
8. God’s absolute being means that he is the absolute standard of truth and goodness and beauty. There is no law-book to which he looks to know what is right. No almanac to establish facts. No guild to determine what is excellent or beautiful. He himself is the standard of what is right, what is true, what is beautiful.
9. God’s absolute being means God does whatever he pleases and it is always right and always beautiful and always in accord with truth. There are no constraints on him from outside him that could hinder him in doing anything he pleases. All reality that is outside of him he created and designed and governs as the absolute reality. So he is utterly free from any constraints that don’t originate from the counsel of his own will.
10. God’s absolute being means that he is the most important and most valuable reality and the most important and most valuable person in the universe. He is more worthy of interest and attention and admiration and enjoyment than all other realities, including the entire universe.
Well, Season 3 is now finished. Hopefully I’ll be sharing some thoughts about the season soon, but for now let’s look back at the predictions I made for this season last summer.